VILAFRANCA TELEVISION - INTERVIEW


Numinosas is the first solo exhibit of the photographer IVANA LARROSA  (Logroño, La Rioja, 1975) at the Sicart Gallery, after having participated in October 2011 at the group exhibition VILAFRANCA CONTEMPORÀNIA. Tell me that You love me Even If it’s True.

Numinous is a series of portraits of baroque style. The faces of the religious have been modeled with stone, dated between XII and XV centuries, from the cloister where they live.

In 'Numinous' I wanted to explore my encounter with this religious universe of difficult accessibility. Upon discovering the beauty and antiquity of the cloister where the religious woman lived, I felt an instant connection between them and the space. I realized the sisters had become the space itself. I wanted to recreate that world I imagined with hidden and eroded personalities fusing flesh and stone.



Opening at Sicart Gallery May 24th 2014